Schoolhouse Shropshires Farm Our Farm

Jim & Denise Percival
Xenia OH  45385
Phone/Fax: (937) 3-SHEEP-1

E-mail:  SchoolhousShrops@aol.com   

 

      Schoolhouse Shropshires, Ltd.

Home
Our Farm
For Sale
Sires
Recognition
Contact Us

 


The Reason Behind The Name

Throughout the Greene County area there are a number of former one-room school houses that have been converted into many different uses.  Many have been made into homes and one such home is located at 255 S. Ballard Road in New Jasper Township, Xenia, Ohio.   The school house, formerly known as Schooley School House was built prior to 1881 on the Mary Schooley family farm.  Classes were held for 13 students in grades 1 to 8 until the school closed in about 1931, according to Miss Lorna Leach Smith, a former school teacher.  At this time, Miss Smith thinks the property was purchased by the Albright family and was made into a home soon after that.  Jim and Denise Percival purchased the property in 1991 as their first home and began to build their Shropshire sheep flock.  Thus, the name Schoolhouse Shropshires, Ltd.  was born.

                                                                                 Home | Our Farm | For Sale | Sires | Recognition | Contact Us